Reggae on the River 2019 has been cancelled.
Refunds will be issued to all ticket holders within 10 business days.
REGGAE ON THE RIVER 2019 presented by High Times
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL- NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
Reggae on the River is an annual music festival in Northern California, nestled along the south fork of the Eel river amongst the redwood trees. 35 years running, this cultural gathering has long been North America’s premier live-reggae concert destination. Originally conceived as a fundraiser for the Mateel Community Center, the event has become known from Jamaica to Humboldt as the place to be on the first weekend in August. Get your tickets and camping spots now!
About Mateel Community Center:
The Mateel Community Center has fostered the arts in rural Northern California for approximately forty years. Serving as the cultural hub of the Southern Humboldt community, we provide arts, educational, and social service programs, and present a myriad of multicultural musical, theatrical, dance, comedy, film, craft, and rental events- earning our non-profit organization international acclaim.
Located in the town of Redway, CA, the Mateel Community Center hall is a showcase of fine woodworking, craftsmanship, and solar design that first opened in 1988. Owned and operated by the MCC, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the Center is well utilized by the entire community and serves as a venue for both commercial and non-profit rentals, as well as in-house Mateel productions.
About High Times:
For more than 40 years, High Times has been the authoritative voice of authentic cannabis culture, leading the fight for legalization and empowering the burgeoning industry’s legal entrepreneurs. High Times content spans digital, social, video and print platforms as well as location-based events highlighted by the Cannabis Cup global franchise and the High Times Business Summit conference series. Visit us at HighTimes.com, and follow @HIGH_TIMES_Mag on Twitter, @hightimesmagazine on Instagram or like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/HIGHTIMESMag/
When is the Reggae on the River?
Friday August 2nd, 2019- Sunday August 4th, 2019.
Camping arrivals begin on Friday August 2nd at 9 AM
No Thursday arrivals will be allowed.
Where is Reggae on the River?
657 North US Highway 101, Garberville, California, 95542
Who is performing?
Performers will be announced soon.
Are the performances included in the ticket?
YES, they’re all included.
Bowl Door Times:
Fri/Sat/Sun 11:00 AM PST VIP Doors
Fri/Sat/Sun 11:30 AM PST GA Doors
Box Office Hours:
Box office opens on Thursday (8/1) at 6PM PST until Sunday (8/4) at 5PM PST. The box office is open 24/7.
*please note you must exchange your ticket for a wristband before the box office closes or you will not be admitted in the festival.
Directions to the Festival:
Reggae on the River® 2019 will take place at French’s Camp, which is located approximately 10 miles south of Garberville at: 657 North US Highway 101, near Piercy, CA
View Festival Location in Google Maps
If you’re going to be plotting the location via a GPS or smart device mapping service and your device cannot initially locate the address, try using “Garberville, CA 95542” as the city associated with the address like this: 657 North US Highway 101, Garberville, CA 95542
- From Eureka/ Arcata (and points north): Take Highway 101 south and follow to Richardson Grove State Park (approx 5 miles south of Garberville). Continue south on Hwy 101 and just after you exit the park you’ll see the entrance to the festival on your left. Travel past the entrance to the festival and turn around at the Cook’s Valley turnoff (approximately ¼ mile). Get back in northbound lane on 101 and take a right into the festival entrance.
- Festival is 76 miles south of Eureka, CA on Hwy 101.
- Festival is 8.8 miles south of Garberville, CA on Hwy 101.
- From San Francisco (and points south): Take Highway 101 north and proceed to 3 miles north of Piercy, CA. Take a right into the festival entrance.
- Festival is 190 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza on Hwy 101.
- Festival is 58.8 miles north of Willits, CA on Hwy 101.
- Festival is 3.0 miles north of Exit #627 on Hwy. 101.
To be posted in June.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This is an all ages event. Children 12 and under are free with paid adult.
There is a cannabis village which is strictly for patrons 21 and over, no exceptions. If you don’t have a valid ID you will not be allowed admission into the village.
Will tickets be available at the door?
Tickets at the door are not guaranteed, only available if the festival does not sell out. Tickets are cheaper online so buy in advance and save.
Do you offer payment plans?
No, we do not.
What if I have a Weekend Pass?
You’ll be given a wristband to wear all weekend. Don’t remove the wristband until the event has ended.
What if I remove my wristband?
Do not tamper with or remove your wristband, unless you’re not returning to the event. Your wristband is your ticket. Wristbands are not replaceable. If you remove your wristband you will need to purchase another ticket.
Can I leave the venue and return?
YES, daily re-entry is permitted. You must be wearing your wristband to return.
Is there a bag search?
YES, each time you enter.
How do I camp?
All general admission and VIP passes include camping.
Is the VIP camping in the meadow in the same place as Ambassador Camping was last year?
Yes, VIP is the former Ambassador Program.
Is RV parking a totally separate charge each day?
No, we offer 3-day weekend passes only. We do NOT offer single day RV passes.
What can’t I bring to the event?
- Firearms, fireworks or firecrackers
charcoal BBQs (propane are ok, with a fire extinguisher)
- Glass bottles
- no private generators
- no private sound systems
- no nitrous tanks or illegal drugs
- no private ATVs or motorcycles on site
- no illegal vending (all vendors must be registered with the festival in advance)
- Skateboards, bikes, hover-boards, scooters or rollerblades
- Professional Photo/Video equipment including drones
- Pets or other animals (certified service animals are permitted)
*please note all vehicles and camps are subject to security inspection – All attendees are expected to adhere to the festivals strict pack it in- pack it out philosophy. Trash and recycling barrels are conveniently located around the venue for standard camp trash and recycling.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A Photo ID
- Drinking/camp water- lots of it (at least 1 gallon per person/ per day); please help us conserve water use on site.
- Cooler and ice – *ice will also available for purchase on site.
- Small tent and sleeping gear.
- Shade for your tent- its hot and sunny on the river bar (though please be mindful of size limitations as large shade structures or oversized tents will not be allowed); please also note there will be no private shade structures allowed in the concert bowl this year.
- Layers of clothing – though it is hot in the day, nights can be quite chilly so make sure you’re prepared with layers.
- Organic, biodegradable sunscreen/soap only- please help us protect the Eel River and be sure to use our public showers for bathing, not the river.
- Snacks- though we want you to support the non-profit food vendors in the concert bowl, you should also plan to have some camp food on hand.
- Water toys – part of the festival fun is enjoying the river, but please note there is no lifeguard on duty and all swimming is at your own risk
- Flashlight – it can get dark in the campground at night so don’t forget this basic necessity (and bring plenty of batteries too!)
- Most importantly – Irie vibes and good attitude!!! Happy Reggae!
- Parking is not included with the festival/camping pass and needs to be purchased separately.
- All cars pay to park, no ins-and-outs.
- There is limited onsite and offsite parking so please purchase and save, in advance.
- There is no parking by the gas station and we do not suggest anyone do that as they will be subject to tow.
- There is no parking on the side of the highway. Vehicles will be ticketed and towed.
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL- NO REFUNDS – UPGRADES- OR EXCHANGES
Event is rain or shine. Your wristband is your ticket to Reggae on the River 2019 presented by High Times, and not for a specific artist/vendor/podcast. Lineup subject to change.
Interested in exhibiting? Email email@example.com
Interested in the first annual Cannabis Cup at Reggae on the River? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Volunteer? Email Volunteers@hightimes.com